So February has quickly rolled around and all the amazing intentions / resolutions we had for January are starting to slip as old habits start to creep back in. To ensure 2015 is the year I want it to be I have completed a list of tips for staying motivated.
A lot of us begin the year with the best intentions but things happen, mostly things that are unavoidable, and it gets harder to stay on that healthy diet or keep a positive outlook. I know I have had moments where I have not had an ounce of motivation and just wanted to watch Netflix all day but sadly that isn’t going to help me to get to where I want to be this time next year.
I decided on a set of goals at the start of year and was feeling massively motivated and whilst I have been sticking to them (minus the odd wine-fuelled night out) it is hard to keep going when you don’t see instant results.
Sometimes our goals feel like they are almost impossible and seem even further away now than ever before. Not seeing direct results is one of the quickest ways to get demotivated and give up. When you are eating healthier, exercising more and pushing yourself harder than ever before but you just aren’t getting the results quick enough, you start to think why bother or will it ever happen for me?
We have all been there, exercised really hard for a week and looked in the mirror hoping to see only half of your former self looking back at you but obviously it doesn’t work like that (if only), things take time and you have to remember Rome wasn’t built in a day!
So if you want that bikini body or desire to become successful in your chosen career you just have to preserve and push through the moments of self-doubt.
Some tips that may help you when you feel like throwing in the towel:
- Ask yourself why you set that goal and what your ultimate happiness would look like?
- Look at how far you have come and give yourself some credit for what you have achieved.
- Stop being so hard on yourself, you will get there. Remember everything takes time but you are closer to your goal now than ever before.
- Stay focused and be honest. Don’t lie to yourself and say I have been so good all week I have just ate salad, when really you had 10 chocolate bars when no one was looking. If you aren’t honest with yourself you will never hit your goals.
- Pick an idol. Choose a role model that has an amazing body or a fantastic career and use them as motivation, don’t envy them strive to be like them as if they can do it why can’t you?
Another thing I love to do is to write a list as it so satisfying when you tick everything off and it gives you a real sense of accomplishment it also helps get you keep on track throughout the day.
Have you got any top tips for staying motivated? Please share below!