If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing what would it be? I think I would quote John Lennon and say, “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” I would also like to impart the following 10 pieces of wisdom as if I had of known them back then it would have made those tricky years a lot easier.
- You can map out how you would like your life to be by a certain age but it rarely works out like you plan. That’s what makes it exciting. The tough times will suck but they will teach you more than any of the good times ever will.
- Remember dreams don’t work unless you, so get ready to work your butt off.
- KARMA is a beautiful thing, just be patient.
- Stop plucking your eyebrows! NOW!
- Drama should be avoided at all costs. It is a waste of energy and time, and will just make you angry and sad.
- Heartbreak is a part of life, embrace it and learn from it. Finding your perfect person makes it all worthwhile.
- Knowledge is power. Pay more attention in school, except during Maths you will never, ever, use Algebra, so don’t worry about pythagoras theorems. Concentrate on Geography, History, French and Irish as travel is going to become a huge, amazing part of your life and these subjects will stand you in good stead.
- Who cares what people think, just be you. Unique is good and soon everyone will want to be different and special, fitting in really isn’t that important.
- Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to suffer. They don’t, you do. Focus your time on those that really matter and don’t worry if you lose a friend or two along the way, C’est La Vie (see I told you, you will need French).
- Don’t take everything so seriously life goes by super quick so just enjoy it and live it to the full.
What piece of advice would you impart on your younger self if it were possible?