Ladies, we are a complicated bunch aren’t we? Sometimes I feel sorry for the opposite sex trying to decode us and make sense of what it is we actually want or mean. So I have put together this light-hearted list of things that only us girls know that may make things a little clearer for them.
- If we say “I’m fine”, you may want to run because we are definitely not fine.
- It is never ok to use the word nice, when your girlfriend asks how do I look? Gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, hot – all acceptable answers never say “you look nice”.
- No matter how many clothes we buy we will still go through our wardrobe on a daily basis repeating the same mantra “I have nothing to wear” just agree and slowly back out of the room.
- Owning too much makeup is not a thing and yes we will constantly want to buy more, trying to convince us otherwise is like telling Miley Cryus to stop sticking out her tongue or twerking – NEVER.GOING.TO.HAPPEN.
- Sometimes we don’t even know what we are thinking or what is going on with us – sorry guys.
- We don’t like fake tan either, it is hard to apply, it smells, it is hard to take off but we refuse to be mistaken for Casper the friendly ghost.
- Flowers are always a good idea, they make us feel happy and they make for great Instagram posts #supriseflowers #justbecause.
- We read into everything and usually go straight to our friends to help us decipher what we think you mean. You could text “Heading to bed, totally wrecked, night x” and we will think oh he only put one kiss he mustn’t be that in to me this is never going to work out. I never said it was easy!
- Saying “calm down” during a heated conversation is like dressing head to toe in red when visiting a bull, not advisory.
- Don’t lie to us, there is no point because we will always find out. Never, ever underestimate this powerful ability.
- Sometimes when we have had one too many wines we think we can dance or sing like Beyoncé, just go with it.
- We are never ever happy with our hair. If it’s curly we want it straight, if it’s long we want it short, if it’s blonde we want it brown – you will be asked for an opinion so beware, something generic like “you could pull anything off” will get you through this testing time.
Ladies, anything else you would add?