Makeup is a magical thing that can transform how you look and feel instantly, so it is easy to see why there are so many of us that are totally obsessed with it. Whether you know about that new MAC limited edition launch before anyone else or avidly follow hundreds of makeup artists/brands on Instagram, there are certain things that only true makeup fanatics know and do.
Image credit @_LIPSTICKANDL0VE
- There is no such thing as too much makeup. You may have run out of storage long ago but that will never stop you.
- Eyebrows are everything and on the constant quest for killer brows you have tried every gel, powder and pencil.
- Once you find the perfect red lippy or the most amazing mascara, you will stock pile them just in case they get discontinued – we have been burnt before.
- Makeup storage gives you life, especially when it’s clear.
- Going to the airport is nearly more exciting than the actual destination – hello duty free makeup.
- Whenever you visit another country you always make sure to pop into the local pharmacy/department store as it is an absolute must that you check out what makeup they have to offer.
- At any given time you are guaranteed to have up to 10 lip products in your handbag. Who knows what situation may arise and you don’t what to be rocking the wrong lip shade. We all know the transformational powers of a red lip.
- You can convince yourself in two seconds flat that yes I do need this new MAC lipstick as it is a slightly brighter pink than the 25 other pink MAC lippy’s I currently own.
- Seeing unblended foundation or badly applied makeup hurts your eyes and makes you want to reach out and fix it.
- You buy a new lippy excited to try it, bring it home and see the exact same one already lives in your makeup collection – oh well now I have two, YAY.
- You could stay up all night watching YouTube videos of people doing their makeup – the transformations some people can create is a true art form.
- You believe that people who say “you don’t need makeup you look great without it” are liars.
- Seeing 3 for 2 on all makeup products in Boots or Superdrug makes you so happy you could cry, it also makes your bank card weep.
- Sometimes when you’re bored you will just play with your makeup , experimenting with new looks and honing your skills.
- But some days there is nothing that makes you happier than a fresh clean face, free of any makeup.
- Having a dedicated beauty room with one of those light bulb mirrors is the dream.
- Creating the perfect liquid eyeliner cat flick is a life goal.
- Washing your brushes is the most dreaded task ever and most of the time you consider just throwing them away and buying all new ones.
- When you leave Boots your hand is usually covered in lipstick swatches.
- You started a blog to justify your obsession but it has just made it worse, oh so much worse.
What’s you favourite thing about makeup?