As of yesterday I am now officially closer to 30 than I am to 20 (*sobs)! I will admit to having a mini freak out this weekend after one too many glasses of bubbly, you know the usual “ah I’m getting old!” and decided to continue on that thread and list some of the things that signify getting older.
- Sleep and coffee are your new best friends.
- You see a hashtag or new slang word and have absolutely no clue what it means so you have to commit the cardinal sin and google it!
- Nights in with a movie and your beau makes you more excited than any night of clubbing possibly could.
- You look at young girls and think how did their parents let them out like that?
- Then you think oh my gawd I am my mother.
- You remember when Facebook came along and crushed Bebo, that was 11 years ago!
- Hangovers are hell and regularly make you consider becoming a pioneer.
- Before anything else you must make your bed, it use to be a chore that your mum constantly begged you to do but now if it’s not done it feels like you are living in total chaos.
- Cancelled plans make you happier than they probably should.
- You love the Great British Bake Off and always try to be home in time to watch it.
- Homeware suddenly really interests you and you love buying new pieces that will work fabulously with the rest of your decor.
- You regularly think about your future and what it will hold which leads to thoughts about mortgages, life assurance, savings… all that riveting stuff..
Getting older is such fun and is most certainly a privilege that we should try to enjoy every single element of. I for one would much rather being a self assured (most of the time) 26 year old rather than an extremely self-conscious 16 year old.
Here’s to getting older and wiser!