I woke up this morning and the Monday feels of not wanting the weekend to be over started to kick in. I had a lovely weekend with my other half which included facials, Zara shopping, visits to the fruit market (resulting in some scrummy juices – thank you Nutri Bullet), finished off by a burger dinner date in the sunshine. When I awoke I started to think about the day ahead which was to be full of deadlines, emails and calls and wished I could just rewind to Friday. Rather than get down in the dumps about all I had to do, I made the decision to try and change my mind set to be more positive in order to get the most out of my Monday and have a great week overall.
Being positive is not my go to setting as I am a much more pragmatic person and tend to veer towards the negative side of things but this is something I am actively trying to change as I believe you attract what you think and if you are always thinking negatively you will only attract negative things. I for one would certainly prefer attract positive things in my life so am working on taking a more positive stance in order to encourage all the lovely positive happy things to come my way.
Below are some points to help with positive thinking when it is just not happening for you, maybe you have just been asked to add another 100 things to your to-do list or maybe you have just seen the shoes of your dreams but oh wait your size is completely sold out, whatever life may throw at you it’s always best to approach positively.
- Think about how much better your life would be if you were always happy and had a positive outlook. Beats trudging through waiting for the next bad thing to happen – ultimately the choice is yours.
- You will always find the good in people or situations if you look for it.
- Use positive words when talking to others and even more importantly when talking to yourself.
- Give yourself and those around you compliments – it builds people up and if you have the power to make someone smile why wouldn’t you – it may be the only nice thing they hear all day.
- Short term positive thinking can turn a bad day into a great one. If you are stuck in a really bad mood or just wake up on the wrong side of the bed think about the things that you are grateful for and then take a second to think where am I going to get today if I continue to be in a terrible mood? Absolutely nowhere so turn that frown upside down girl and if that doesn’t work think of unicorns!
- No matter if you are the most positive person in the world you will still have bad days and unfortunately bad things will happen to you, but instead of getting down about it and accepting defeat try to think about what you can learn from it and swiftly move on – don’t dwell on it.
- Keep it up and stay persistent– if like me your automatic setting is to think about what can go wrong or the negative aspects of things, it can be hard to break that mold, but if you keep trying to turn every negative thought into a positive one, over time thinking positively will become habitual.
- Always try to be the best version of yourself and act accordingly.
- Lastly and most importantly – decide to be happy!
Are you a glass half-full or half-empty kind of gal?