The older I get the more focus I put on my skin and my skincare routine. I dream of having flawless radiant skin that looks fantastic with or without makeup and often have a freak out if a spot pops up or I see a sign of a wrinkle.
I am always on the look out for some skincare tips that actually work and am up for trying pretty much anything in order to improve my complexion.
While there are some obvious tips that we all know about; drink more water, clean your makeup brushes, take off your makeup before bed and wear sun cream, there are also some others that many experts swear by. I have rounded up ten that will hopefully help us on the quest for a flawless face.
1.The best times to moisturise your skin is right after you get out of the shower and right before you go to bed. You should apply your moisturiser as soon as you cleanse your face as if you don’t do it while your skin is still damp, you’ll miss your chance to lock in the moisture before it evaporates. I am absolutely loving the Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Refining Moisture Cream Complex at the minute, it is so light and nourishing.
2. Eat oranges – apparently they can prevent wrinkles thanks to them being full of Vitamin C.
3.Whenever you are putting any skincare products on your face whether its moisturiser or cleanser massage them into the skin in circular motions as this will help promote circulation and leave with you with a healthy glow. Also, less is more, don’t smoother your skin in product as this will just lead to clogged pores.
4. Ever have breakouts on your cheek or along your jawline? It could be down to yapping on your phone for hours thanks to all the nasty bacteria it carries. Next time you are gearing up for a proper gossip with your bestie, pop in your headphones.
5. Change up the side you sleep on as if you always sleep in the same position your sleep lines may turn into deep set wrinkles – the horror! It’s best to sleep on your back and use a silk or satin pillow case.
6. The skin around your eyes is ten times thinner than the rest of your face so you have to be extra gentle with this area. Apply your eye cream gently by patting it on as this will lead to better absorption and avoid pulling the delicate skin. It’s also wise to avoid over indulging in salty foods and alcohol as they can cause the skin to retain fluids, which will result in a shadowy look under the eyes – which is never a good look.
7. If a spot pops up out of nowhere, the way it loves to do right before a big night out or special occasion, put some ice on it right away to reduce the swelling and redness and then put on some white toothpaste. The toothpaste will work to remove the bacteria and oil from the spot and work to get it to disappear quicker.
8. Skin is most receptive to anti-ageing ingredients at night when the outer layer of skin cells are busy regenerating themselves so apply your wrinkle cream right before bedtime and wake up looking like a new born baby (if only).
9. Give the products a chance to work! Changing your products every couple of weeks can be counter productive, you have to give them a good trial to see if they actually work. With most skincare products you won’t see any results until a good few weeks so be patient and finish the entire tube or bottle before you start something new.
10. Exfoliate your face for smaller-looking pores. It is also great for giving the skin a deep cleanse, will dislogde any buildup in the pores and helps break up whiteheads. All the while helping to smooth and refine the skin’s texture, giving it a soft, fresh glow. Be gentle though and let the beads do the work and only do it once a week to avoid your face becoming dry.
If that wasn’t enough here are some more skincare top tips thanks to this info graphic from SheKnows.
Do you have any skincare tips that you swear by?