Everyone loves the classic nude lip as it goes with pretty much everything and when you choose a neutral shade for your lips you can then really do whatever you wish with the rest of your makeup. You can pick any colours you like for your eyes and cheeks without the fear of colour clashing or looking like a clown.
Here are my top 5 tips for wearing a nude lip:
1. Choose a lip liner that is a few shades darker than the lipstick to add contrast. This will work to help define your lips and give the appearance of a much fuller pout. I love the PS lip liner in brown as it is the perfect contrasting colour for a nude lipstick and it is so cheap and goes on effortlessly.
2. The most important thing when it comes to nude lipstick is to pick the right shade for your skin tone. For fair or pale skin avoid beige colours, stick to soft pinks and peaches or pale apricot toned shades. Dark skin tones are better suited to chocolate shades, and if you have yellow undertones you should go for a caramel coloured lipstick.
3. To avoid looking washed out when wearing a nude lippy make sure to amp up the rest of your makeup by applying lots of bronzer and peachy blush as this will help to balance out the look and add warmth to the face.
4. Matte nudes are very hard to pull off and can leave you looking like you have no lips at all especially in pictures (the horror) and frosty texture lipsticks can end up looking a little grey so always opt for a nude lipstick that has a creamy consistency. One of my favourites is the Ciate X Olivia Palermo lipstick in Truffle.
5. And finally, use a slick of clear gloss to add a little more volume and dimension to your pout.
Do you have a favourite nude lipstick?