There are many things that us ladies do not like to hear and today I wanted to compile a list of a few of those things so that we know we are all in this together (*direct quote from High School Musical unintentional but I bet your singing the song now).
1. Sorry, it’s sold out. When you want something so bad only to be told it’s sold out, damn you and everyone that purchased it before I got the chance to.
2. Calm down. When has saying that actually ever worked? If we are feeling especially passionate about something such as the fact that the waves we spent ages putting in our hair has made us look like something out of the 80’s rather than a Victoria Secret Angel, it is best to back away slowly and do not, I repeat, do not say calm down it’s only hair.
3. You look fine/nice. This to me is like saying you could have tried a little harder but sure you look grand, I suppose. Always opt for “Girl, you look gorgeous”.
4. Are you OK, you look a little sick. It’s called not wearing makeup, my poor skin has been crying for a break, can I live?
5. Don’t you think you have enough makeup or worse still, you wear too much makeup – oh how dare you?
6. Why do you buy shoes that are so uncomfortable and you can’t walk in? It’s called FASHION and what can I say I’m a slave to it.
7. Get over it. Well what if I’m not ready to get over it as I have yet to rerun the event over and over in my head and torture myself with what I should of said for the next few weeks.
8. You’re so sensitive. Well I’m sorry I don’t have a heart of stone and watching anything remotely emotional makes me cry.
9. How much longer is it going to take you to be ready? Did anyone rush Michelangelo when he was painting the Sistine chapel or what about Leonardo da Vinci when he was painting the Mona Lisa, works of art take time so back off and let me bake in peace.
10. I have to cancel our plans. You’ve just finished getting ready then comes the dreaded message “so sorry but I can’t come”, what am I supposed to do now with a full face of makeup that is just too pretty/expensive to be wasted, take lots of selfies that’s what!
What else do you ladies hate to hear?