As much as I love makeup (which is ever so evident from this blog) I also love to cook and of course, eat, and one of my favourite pasta dishes has to be Carbonara. While flicking through You Magazine on Saturday I spotted this recipe taken from Gwyneth Paltrow’s new cook book ‘It’s All Easy’ and instantly wanted to try it out. I can confirm it’s totally scrumptious and so easy to make, so I thought I would share it, should you wish to try it for yourself.
This is such a great recipe perfect after a busy day when you don’t feel like being in the kitchen for hours on end. I tried it out this evening and found it so easy to follow, not to mention that it tasted super delicious so I wanted to post the recipe.
You will need:
- 110g (4oz) pancetta or bacon, cut into small dices
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks (or 3 to make it extra creamy)
- 1 and a half cups of finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more as needed to garnish
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more as needed to garnish
- 350g (12oz) of spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat for the pasta
- In a pan cook the diced bacon over a medium heat until crispy
- Combine the egg, the egg yolks, Parmesan and pepper in a large bowl
- Cook the pasta according to the packet. Reserve 1 cup of the hot pasta cooking water (the temperature is important because you are going to use it to cook the egg) and set aside
- Next drain the pasta and add it to the bowl with cheese and eggs, tossing immediately to mix everything together
- Add the bacon and any rendered fat from the pan to the bowl, toss to coat, and add the pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time until the sauces reaches a creamy consistency (this usually takes about 4 tablespoons)
- Adjust with extra cheese, pepper and salt to taste
I also made a little homemade garlic bread to go with the dish, by mixing a chopped garlic clove and butter together and adding to a sliced baguette, then topping each slice with cheese and grilling for about 5 mins.
I hope you might find this recipe helpful as it really is a great one for a quick, delicious meal during the week.