Ultimately you are in control of the way you want your life to be. Scary I know, but this adulting thing is serious stuff! Sometimes it may feel like you have no control over anything or no idea what the hell you’re doing and things keep going wrong but you have to trust the timing of your life and do things today that will make for a better tomorrow, oh so cliche but totally factual. To kick life’s ass and be a total boss there are some things you will need to stop doing asap.
- Doubting yourself and your talents – If you don’t believe in yourself how is anyone else supposed to? Think about the amazing stuff you have accomplished this far and go forth and slay!
- Being so hard on yourself – Would you say the things you say to yourself to any of your friends? Probably not because you wouldn’t have many if you did and then who would you go to bottomless bubbles brunch with? Go easy on yourself life is hard and you are trying your best.
- Being Ungrateful – I have talked about being ungrateful quite a lot but for me it is one of the worst traits you could have, the more thankful you are the more you will receive. Think about it, if someone gives you a present and you are totally meh about it, they probably will not be running out to buy you another one for quite some time. I may not be exactly where I want to be in my life but I am grateful everyday that I was lucky enough to find the love of my life that loves me flaws and all. You too may not be where you thought you would be but you might have a beautiful bae, an amazing career or the sickest group of friends, things that other people are wishing for every single day.
- Wasting your life away – Don’t get me wrong I love binge watching Narcos and strolling through Instagram for hours on end as much as the next person, but it is not beneficial or going to help me to get to where I want to be. Limit the amount of time you procrastinate and be organised to ensure you get the tasks done that will make you one step closer to becoming a total babe of a Girl Boss!
- Being negative – Negative Nancy is no ones friend and she never gets invited to the parties, sad but true. Someone who is constantly complaining is exhausting to listen to and completely drains you. Every single person has their struggles and hard times but you can’t let that define you, be a positive influence on those around you and always look for the good instead of the bad. Basically just be a Positive Polly, her social calendar is jam packed!
- Comparing your journey to someone else’s – You have absolutely no idea what other people have had to endure in their life or what they have done to get to be where they are. Instead of resenting them their success be happy for them and spend your time focusing on yourself so that you too can be a smashing success.
- Caring what people think – Will they help you pay your bills? No! Will they be there for you when things get tough? No! Those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter. Others opinions don’t matter in the grand scheme of things, trust your own judgement and gut, it will steer you to exactly where you need to be.
- Judging people – Live and let live, you may not understand why some people do the things they do or post the things they post but to be fair it is none of your business and if it’s not hurting you directly then you shouldn’t care or worst still feel the need to post a hateful comment about them online, don’t be a keyboard warrior.
- Wishing your life away – I wish I was thinner, I wish I lived in New York, I wish I was on holidays, I wish I had a better job – you can wish all you want but unless you take action you are wasting your life and just making yourself miserable with your current situation. If you hate your job, change it, if you hate where you live, move, being unhappy every day just isn’t worth it.
- Sweating the small stuff – Worrying is a waste of time, if you think back to what use to give you sleepless nights 5 years ago, wait can you even remember what exactly it was? Worrying doesn’t change a thing it just makes you an anxious mess, find something you love to do and whenever you start to worry busy yourself with that, the adult colouring craze could be a good place to start.
Hope you enjoyed this list, what else would you add?