Hello and happy new year to all you lovely lot! January is one of my favourite months as I always find it a great time for self reflection and reassessment so that you can get your life back in order after the mania that was Christmas. It’s the perfect time to look back on the year that has just been and to decide what you want to do differently so that come next January you feel totally accomplished and satisfied. Resolutions are bit hard to stick to though so I never get too specific or rigid with them but I do like to give myself a few pointers and ideas to ensure I have some structure for the year ahead – I’m a Virgo so my love of a list and organisation is undeniable.
2016 was quite a tough year for me, I think it was for all included, so I have a feeling 2017 is going to be the polar opposite and be an absolutely smashing year. To ensure it is here are some of the things that I will be incorporating and maybe you should too so that 2017 is the best one yet.
2. Do what you want unapologetically.
3. Do things that are really rewarding, fulfilling and make you feel like a good human being.
4. Don’t do things to impress others.
5. Use your phone less, especially when you are around your loved ones.
6. Pick one thing on your bucket list and do it, if you don’t have a bucket list write one and get something ticked off before 2018 rolls around.
7. Pick a recipe, cook it from scratch, perfect it and make it your signature dish – we all need one.
8. Always chose to take the positive stance, no matter what happens always try to look for the good in it.
9. Plan a wedding (this one may just apply to me but it is sure to make my 2017 exciting and unforgettable).
10. Travel to one place you have always wanted to – I’m ticking this off at the end of the month as for the last 4 years I have wanted to go to Barcelona and finally I’m getting round to it.
11. Only do things that bring you joy – I have recently been researching the KonMari decluttering method and I think it is a fantastic philosophy for everyday life, check out this blog post to find out more about it.
12. Spend less time procrastinating and more time learning new things or reading.
13. Be braver in every sense of your life.
14. Trust your journey and let go of the doubts.
15. Remember you are trying your very best.
16. Treat your body right, exercise, eat healthily and be in tune with it so that you know exactly what it needs – you only get one.
These 17 things are what I will be looking back on throughout the year as I think if I can follow most of them 2017 will be pretty epic. If there’s anything else you would add I would love to hear it in the comments below.
Wishing you all a fantastic 2017.