A face that glows is youthful, fresh and uplifting. I love to lash on a little highlight for a night out as a pop of highlighter can really take your makeup up a level.
To achieve a flawless, glowing face it tends to take quite a few products and steps, luckily I enjoy the process and these are the products I have been using recently to create that glow.
Base products used:
- Simple Kind to Skin Replenishing moisturiser – If you want your face to look dewy you need to firstly moisturise it. I use the Simple Kind to Skin replenishing moisturiser because it is really light weight and quickly drys into the skin leaving it feeling fresh and ready for lots of makeup.
- Flormar Illuminating primer – For primer I have been loving the illuminating one from Flormar, as you can see it is nearly all used up, it makes my makeup last so long and I always notice that it gives the skin a lovely glowy sheen.
- MAC strobe cream – I love this stuff for underneath foundation as I find it really helps the skin shimmer.
- Benefit High Beam – I used this under my foundation just on the areas I want to highlight, so I dabbed a little on the cheekbones, under the brow bone and down my nose. This helps create a better base for when you pop on some powder highlight later.
Finishing products used:
- Flormar Perfect Coverage Foundation – I have really been enjoying this foundation as it has excellent coverage and blends so easily on the face, it also stays put all day.
- Sephora Highlight lowlight face contour duo – This is such a fab product, one end is for contouring and the other for highlighting. I used the cream contour shade underneath my cheekbones, around my forehead and under my chin as it is provides the perfect base before applying a powder contour. A cream contour may seem like a pointless extra step but it makes the look so much more blended and helps it last longer.
- Flormar concealer in light – This is for highlighting under the eyes and for getting rid of those pesky under eye bags, this was my first time using it and I found it best to apply it with my fingers as it helps work the product in much more effectively.
- Revolution Protection Palette – This is a palette I use everyday and it is so cost effective, I always reach for it to set my contour as I love the bronzer in this set.
- Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette – To finish this highlighted face I used the purple highlight shade in the Sleek palette on the tops on my cheekbones, under my brow bone, in my inner tear ducts, down my nose and on my cupids bow.